Chicago Scenic seeks experienced project managers to join our expanding team.
The Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organizations research, development, and product implementation efforts. PM will consistently manage and direct multiple projects from concept, through fabrication and installation while meeting budget constraints.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate with technical designers and fabricators to define and adhere to construction parameters based on budget and timeline for custom fabrication elements.
- Direct and lead submittals in response to RFP/ RFQ's.
- Manage existing client relationships; develop/manage new client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Point person in quality assurance of all projects that are in direct responsibility of the PM
- Coordinate build of projects with fabrication floor to ensure timely delivery of assets.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, MEP and construction drawings.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team.
- Ability to respond to high demands and expectations
- Ability to make quick and complex decisions under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Industrial Designer, Business, Engineering, or Theater a plus or comparable experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in various entertainment or custom fabrication industries
- Custom fabrication experience necessary
- Theme park experience desired
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Moderate walking, standing, prolonged sitting, bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Work is performed primarily in an office and/or client site
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.