Chicago Scenic is looking to hire an experienced painter to join our talented team.
- Adhere to all safety warnings and guidelines and maintain a safe working environment
- Mix color based on renderings and color-matching based on existing pieces
- Priming, basing, and finish painting of all scenic pieces
- Attend onsite work calls and installation calls in order to maintain or repair scenery as needed.
- Assist in organization and maintenance of workspaces and tools
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Paint Department Head
- Good knowledge of English
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of painting techniques
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Two-plus years of professional experience in a regional theatre, commercial scene shop, or similar environment preferred
- Minimum one-year scenic painting or equivalent experience
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform and pass a fit test for a respirator
- Standing for prolonged periods, climbing, pulling, and lifting objects weighing fifty pounds or less
- Sporadic overtime and travel for job related installs, strikes, or necessary tasks
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.