Chicago Scenic seeks to hire an experienced electrician to join our team.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Adhere to all safety warnings and guidelines and maintains a safe working environment
- Wiring of high/low voltage lighting systems, small motors, relays, and timing relays
- Perform basic PLC programming
- Complete soldering and other bonding techniques (wire nuts, ring lugs, scotchloks, etc.)
- Build electrical components into enclosures
- Install conduit, panels, outlets, and circuit breakers
- Manage and implement all electrical components for onsite installations
- Maintain electrical elements in the building including scene shop and office spaces
- Research parts and communicate purchasing needs to Electrics Department Head
- Manage personal time and communicate schedule updates to Job Leads, Project Managers, Department Head, Production Coordinator and Director of Shop Operations.
- Any additional tasks as requested by the Electrics Department Head
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift objects weighing fifty pounds or less.
- Ability to troubleshoot fluid power and motorized systems, a plus
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp build requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime and travel for job related installs, strikes, or necessary tasks
- Two-plus years of professional experience in a regional theatre, commercial scene shop, or similar environment
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.