Chicago Scenic Studios is currently hiring part-time and full-time entertainment professionals to join their Technical Design and Drafting Team.
CSSI TD&D is seeking creative and motivated individuals who have experience in 3D modeling and drafting in AutoCAD or Inventor, have worked with fabrication shops and possess a collaborative, inventive spirit.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to work quickly and accurately to deliver detailed drawings for simultaneous projects within stringent time constraints. They will have strong critical thinking skills and be an effective communicator verbally, visually and in writing. They must also be able to adapt quickly to company work methods and standards.
CSSI TD&D will consider remote working relationships with part-time employees who possess current professional licenses for the appropriate software and are willing and able to video conference.
There is potential for part time team members to become full-time employees in the future!
Direct Supervisor: Technical Design & Drafting manager
Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
Required Skills / Competencies:
• Proficiency in 3D Modeling & 2D drafting with AutoCAD
• Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
• Basic knowledge of wood & metal construction techniques for entertainment, themed environments and/or exhibits & displays
• Basic knowledge of theatrical rigging techniques & structural design for theater
• Basic knowledge of construction materials, hardware and adhesives
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong ability to communicate verbally and visually
• Availability to work extra hours and weekends as needed.
• Hands-on fabrication experience
• Proficiency in Inventor, SolidWorks or similar parametric modeling programs
• Aptitude with Adobe Creative Cloud products
• Ability to design or troubleshoot Fluid Power, electrical and motorized systems
• Experience with CNC / CAM software
Required Education / Experience:
• 2+ years professional experience in a regional theater, commercial scene shop or similar environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable work/apprenticeship experience.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.