Chicago Scenic is seeking a creative and motivated individual to join our technical design team.
Successful candidates will lead the technical design phase of a project in collaboration with fabrication leads and project managers. They will develop technical solutions to project challenges and generate appropriate documentation to communicate those solutions to clients, subcontractors and the CSSI shop.
- Expertise in 3D Modeling & 2D drafting with AutoCAD
- Expertise in wood & metal construction techniques for entertainment, themed environments and/or exhibits & displays.
- Knowledge of theatrical rigging techniques & structural design for theater.
- Extensive knowledge of construction materials, hardware and adhesives.
- Experience with CNC / CAM software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large drawing sets in AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Inventor, SolidWorks or similar parametric modeling programs
- Aptitude with Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Ability to design or troubleshoot fluid power, electrical and motorized systems.
Required Education / Experience:
- 5+ years professional experience as a Technical Director, Shop Foreman, Lead Fabricator or similar in a regional theater, commercial scene shop or similar environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work/apprenticeship experience.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.