Technical Design Detailer
- Reports to the Director of Design.
- The primary role of the Technical Design Detailer is to produce drawings for the Metal, Carpentry, Electrics and Paint shops to use in the fabrication of scenic elements.
Primary Job Duties
- Work with Sr Designers to support their work.
- Develop shop drawings for sub-assemblies from 3D models.
- Produce cut files and operator sheets for use on our CNC routers and waterjet.
- Produce shop drawings from client provided design intent drawings and renderings.
- Work with shop leads and department heads to solve problems with drawings and other files used in the manufacture of our products.
- Research hardware, motors, adhesives and other OEM products required to achieve the functionality required.
- Review drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 360
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2D and 3D software
- Understanding of set construction, stage machinery and rigging standards
- Basic mechanical design
- Familiarity with welding symbols and call outs
- Basic understanding of manufacturing standards for wood, metal, and plastics.
- Familiarity with 3D Studio Max, Inventor, and Solidworks.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.