Chicago Scenic is seeking creative and motivated individuals to join our new and evolving estimation team.
Expected Skill Sets: Thorough understanding of budgeting process and resource allocation and the ability to manage multiple projects. High level of competence in Excel, Word, Projects, and Access.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
· Initial budgeting for bids and complex proposals through to completion
· Communication with General Manager and Project Director and Project Manager to determine optimal pricing structure to maximize the opportunity for job award
· Collaborating with Sales and Marketing teams to create a proposal for submission
· Establish and maintain a relationship with multiple outside vendors for bidding purposes
· Issuing parameters of job build complexity to Shop Directors, Project Directors and Project Managers including initial work orders
· Regular reporting of overall corporate goals on both individual job and year-to-date plan basis
· Focusing on future opportunities for the firm
· Develop pricing guidelines, methodologies, and standards from initial price estimation to final bid estimation
· Excellent communication skills for both internal and external clients
· Position is based in Chicago
· Ability to work as part of a team while completing tasks independently and with minimal supervision
· This position will report to the Estimation Manager
· This is a salaried position with remuneration commensurate with experience
· 5+ years experience, preferably in design-build budgeting environment in scenic, event management, or trade show environment
· Graduate degree in management, theatre, arts, engineering, industrial design, or estimating preferred or equivalent experience
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.