Director of Design
Chicago Scenic is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Design, which is a full time role to be based in our Chicago headquarters.
The Director of Design will oversee and lead all design activities and represent Chicago Scenic on client facing issues related to design. Additionally, the person in this role will grow/expand design skills and services to meet the evolving client needs in a highly dynamic business environment.
The successful candidate will have at least 10-15 years of experience leading the design of attractions for museums, visitor centers, theme parks, trade shows and other ventures where custom themed fabrications and interactive elements are required.
1. Oversee our team of staff and contract designers delivering shop drawings and other support for ongoing projects.
2. Oversee and advise on all sub-contracted design services.
3. Supervise and control all client facing activities involving design services.
4. Report on departmental needs and issues related to the timely approval and delivery of design documents.
5. Assist and advise on bids involving design services.
6. Control and maintain budgets for the department.
7. Assume control of and improve all organizational tools and processes.
8. Facilitate conversations between designers, project managers, and shop personnel on design needs and issues.
9. Review drawings and insure completeness and accuracy of information.
10. Represent the design department at senior staff meetings and report on the status of the department as needed.
11. Grow and expand the skill and capabilities of the department to meet the expanding needs of our projects.
12. Maintain professional standing by participating in on going training and membership in professional organizations.
13. Handle other responsibilities and tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Employee management, Office 360, AutoCAD 2D and 3D, parametric modeling, CNC file prep and standards, Welding standards and callouts, mechanical design and engineering, BIM standards, Vector based graphics and print files
The Director of Design position reports to the Vice President of Design and Production.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.