Responsible for expediting open orders to ensure delivery commitments are met & assisting with purchasing product as necessary for the operation of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare priority purchase orders and submit to vendors for processing.
- Contact vendors to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve possible shortages, missed or late deliveries,and other problems.
- Review vendor confirmations to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Effectively manage the purchase order replenishment process with a focus on matching inventory levels with needs of our customers.
- Work effectively with all levels of staff to support purchasing and business demands. Assist with other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
We're looking for a solution-oriented person who will approach challenges and propose creative ideas to solve them. Other requirements include:
- Analytical skills, which are essential to understand data and draw conclusions on what could be done better.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build fruitful relationships with suppliers and internal teams.
- Ease and comfort with multitasking -- ro coordinate multiple activities and projects simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to handle time sensitive projects or orders to meet deadlines set forth by the clients.
- Solid time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated, as well as work within a team.
- Strong skills in procurement fundamentals: buying, contracts, expediting, negotiating and problem solving. Solid understanding of procurement practices and policies.
- Experience with use of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Suite are a plus.
High School diploma or equivalent. 1-3 years purchasing and/or inventory experience preferred.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.